Christmas stockings are either real or decorative stockings hung by children for Santa Claus to fill Christmas Eve. Modern knit Christmas stockings are often knit with worsted weight yarn, and appropriate needles. They may actually be easier for many beginning stocking knitters, because the yarn and needles are easier to handle than sock weight yarn and needles.
You can see examples of Christmas stocking kits here.
- Why Should I Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns?
- How To Knit Videos Episode 10: How Do I Knit Left Slanted Decreases?
- Knitting socks: double pointed or 2 circular needles?
- Christmas stocking stuffers: What are in your Christmas stockings?
- Who brings your Christmas stockings?
- Looking for knitted Christmas stocking stuffers?
- How do you make Christmas stockings?